The following policies govern all serves provided by Outside the Lines Art Studio. Please feel free to contact us 509-240-5836 firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any of these policies prior to registration.
* Advance registration is required for all services the Studio provides. Once payment is made a registration form will be emailed. In order to complete the process registration forms must be completed and returned prior to Summer Art Camp or Studio Sessions.
* Late registration (joining a class after the series has begun) is possible on a space-available basis.
Preparing for class
* A break is provided for most all our sessions. Parents must provide their children with a snack. Preferably nut-free.
* We recommend and encourage you to provide your child with a full water bottle (labeled with their name) and sunblock already applied, as we will be outside when the weather permits.
* Please have your child wear attire that can get messy and paint splattered. While we use mostly washable materials some may stain. Outside the Lines is not responsible for damaged clothing.
* Please do not bring a sick child to the Studio. We want to keep everyone healthy!
* Summer Art Camp and Studio Sessions are “drop-off” sessions.
* Parents are welcome to stay with children in the Preschooler and Toddler Sessions in order to encourage participation but it is not required. We are here to support their creativity and imaginations and not here to make the work for them.
* Please respect the residence and neighbors.
* On time Drop-off and Pick-up Times are a Necessity.
As a parent with her own children to drop-off and pick-up on time from their activities, I have to insist on the following--
1. Drop-off for each class should be done in a ten minute window prior to class start time. For example if class is listed for 10:30 am please have your child here between 10:20 – 10:30 am.
2. Classes will end at the times stated. You are welcome to come a few minutes early to help your child gather their belongings and projects. However, any parent whose child(den) has not been picked-up within 15 minutes of class ending will be charged a minimum of one hour using the rates quoted in the afternoon childcare option listed on this site. Such charges are due by the last class of the session.
Call us at 509-240-5836 if you'll be late to avoid any anxiety for us or your artist!
Cancellation and Refunds
* You may cancel your registration for After school + Homework, Seasonal Classes/workshops, Summer Art Camp, and Studio Sessions a week before it begins for a full refund minus a $25 processing fee.
* You may withdraw from After school + Homework, Seasonal Classes/workshops, Summer Art Camp, and Studio Sessions after the first class and receive a refund equal to half the class fee minus a $25 processing fee.
* No refund will be given for withdrawal from After school + Homework, Seasonal Classes/workshops, Summer Art Camp, and Studio Sessions after the second class begins.
* No refund will be given for a missed After school + Homework, Seasonal Classes/workshops, Summer Art Camp, and Studio Sessions day. Makeup sessions can sometimes be arranged if space is available in a comparable class; contact us to discuss.
* If Outside the Lines needs to cancel a class due to inclement weather or illness, we will attempt to contact you with as much advance notice as possible. If we have to cancel a class, we will offer a make-up class after the scheduled end of the class series.
* Outside the Lines reserves the right to cancel any After school + Homework, Seasonal Classes/workshops, Summer Art Camp, and Studio Sessions due to low registration (minimum of 3 attendees). If a cancellation occurs, paid registrants will have a choice of a full refund or a credit to be applied to another After school + Homework, Seasonal Classes/workshops, Summer Art Camp, and Studio Session of equal or greater value (any balance owed to be paid by registrant).
Kids Night - Policies
Space is limited, PREREGISTRATION is REQUIRED. Payment in full is due at the time of registration. Proof of Children's Museum membership must be provided to receive discount.
A registration form will be provided and needs to be completed once for the 2018 calendar year prior to first night of attendance.
There are no refunds for a canceled Kids Night but we can offer you a credit for another Kids Night.
No early arrivals.
Helpers (older children 10-13) need to accompany a paying younger sibling. Outside the Lines reserves the right to refuse any older siblings as helpers or their attendance at Kids Night.
Art Materials, fees, and Donating Materials
* Class/program fee is due upon registration and is required in order to guarantee your child's spot. The complete fee must be fully paid prior to attendance.
* If you have supplies you are no longer using at home you are more than welcome to donate them to us. If we don’t need them we will pass them on to someone who does. It's all about experimentation and exploration, and sometimes that means we need some extras!
Face Painting Services and Prenatal Belly Painting
Face painting and Prenatal Belly Painting services must be scheduled in advanced and prepaid. One hour minimum is required. Prenatal Belly Painting fee is based on artwork detail and will be quoted prior to service. No Refunds unless cancellation is done within 24 hours of scheduled service. Prenatal Belly Painting will be refunded less $25 to cover design time.
Outside the Lines uses FDA approved make up. Outside the Lines and its artists are not responsible for any reaction caused by the product or application. A list of ingredients can be found here.